Pure doctrine is synonymous with pure truth
1. Because truth is the supreme source of all spiritual life and existence. as light is the source of all natural life. The truth of God’s Word is the only fixed truth that can produce the highest kind of life for man. God is a God of absolutes! … or man is no better off than a cockroach! Apostates decry absolutes – they believe the church should change as men change to remain relative with no regard for God’s Word regarding their relativism – because they have no faith in the Word of God.
2. Biblical doctrine is determined by honest exegesis of all verses on a given topic or theme or subject in order to determine and reconcile all truth.
3. Pure doctrine provides the church with a statement of faith based on our maker’s unerring revelation to man.
4. Pure doctrine promotes, cultivates and improves man’s moral state and thus his right relationship with God.
5. Pure doctrine reveals the only way man can enter the kingdom of God on God’s terms
6. Pure doctrine protects the church from being deceived by false teachers.
False teachers are identified by their contempt for the importance of pure doctrine.
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight (kubeia; fraudulant, clever) of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; Ephesians 4:14. Christians living in these latter apostate times should be taking some of these Scriptures more seriously than they are – especially big preachers.
To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light (truth)in them. Isaiah 8:20.
I heard it with my own ears listening to a Charismatic conference speaker in Chicago while traveling in meetings in Southern Illinois in May of 07. The speaker, who had an outstanding command of the Scriptures and of the English language and with an extremely clear and fluent voice was teaching his audience and probably thousands listening by radio that love was greater than truth. Using select Scriptures he drove his point home with the persuasion of a Philadelphia lawyer as he ended his argument that love was the greatest of all divine virtues and greater than truth – that love was greater than the truth of the commandments, greater than truth and greater than doctrine! He had me shouting corrections back to him as he cleverly followed a path of Scriptures that carefully wound around many scriptures that would easily destroy his love doctrine. The immediate error of this teaching is that love is a feeling that differs with individuals and under different circumstances. Love is not an absolute and is also extremely difficult to discern. It is ethereal and abstract and has no tangible substance to it.
Listen carefully, brethren! The love of God IS TANGIBLE AND IS SYNONYMOUS WITH HIS MORAL LAW! Divine love is altruistic – pure altruism! That is, it seeks the good of others over self. It places more importance on the needs of others and places that concern for others above it’s own interests. The Scriptures teaches clearly that God’s love and God’s law are synonymous, they are the same because they are both concerned with the good of others above itself. This is precisely what the moral law of God teaches! Look at the commandment, they are all altruistic. They place all concern on the good of others.
Men who do not have the Spirit of truth look at the commandment as a “Thou shalt not.” What a pity to be so void of truth!! The commandments are not directed to the thief, the commandment is directed at the good and well-being of the person who is being robbed!! Thou shalt not kill, is directed at the murder to protect the person he wants to take the life of. In the commandments God is protecting the violated and not making the moral violator a victim of demands. Do you see it? God’s commandments are the tangible form of God’s love toward those who are violated and warns the violator not intrude on the life and possessions of others. God’s interest is to protect the victims of the wicked, not to victimize the wicked.
This reveals that God’s commandments are altruistic and that they are not senseless demands that weigh around our necks as apostates such as this man mentioned above wants us to think. The problem with his message making love higher than the truth of the commandments is that he does not understand the true altruistic nature of the commandment. If he would read Exodus and Deuteronomy when the moral law was given he would read there several times, That is might be well with thee. That is God’s only concern in giving the commandment! So the commandment is given in love.
If we can prove from Scripture that God’s law is God’s love in writing, and that God’s love is the Spirit of God’s law, then we have proved that His law and love are the same AND THAT GOD’S LOVE IS TANGIBLE AND THAT THE LOVE OF MAN IS INTANGIBLE AND HAS NO DEFINABLE SUBSTANCE TO IT. IT HAS NO ABSOLUTES! THAT IS THE BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GOD’S LOVE AND HUMAN LOVE. WE WILL PROVE THAT God’s love IS TANGIBLE, it’s visible and easily definable and has been revealed in His Word, while the love of man spans a range of emotionalism from puppy love to a mushy kind of neo-antinomian religious love that is intangible and therefore undefinable. Here is the proof from God’s Word;
And he said, The LORD came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them. Yea, he loved the people; all his saints are in thy hand: and they sat down at thy feet; every one shall receive of thy words. Deuteronomy 33:2-3.
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: Paul commands us to love one another. BUT, how do we love others?
For he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. The simple answer comes – observe the moral law that teaches us to not violate the lives, the rights and possessions of others. That is precisely what the moral law teaches.
For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. (10) Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
This is the love of God defined. Love is tangible as the moral law. The apostates want to make love a feeling, good works, humane acts in behalf of the hurting, but divine love puts God first as the order of the ten commandments teach us. Mere feelings and good works are NOT to be confused with obedience to the moral commandments. Only the commandments obeyed and executed reflects true love.
While love has feelings, feelings are not a valid love. Rocks stars and low life people in the entertainment world put on charities born out of compassion and feeling for the unfortunate – but alas, they have no moral allegiance to the moral laws of God and openly and flagrantly violate the moral law of God. But, praise God! If we have the only valid kind of love that God endorses, then we will have the love of God’s law and will respect every commandment and see it as the only altruistic and tangible love that puts the welfare of others above our own fleshy pride and preferences! This is why you must be born again and when you are, you’ll believe in the love of God’s commandments because you have the Spirit of truth and seek it from His Word and subject self to that pure divine kind of tangible love of the moral law of God. Therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
IT IS UTTERLY IMPOSSIBLE TO SEPARATE GOD’S MORAL LAW,
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, FROM THE LOVE OF GOD!
7. Pure doctrine is pure truth from God!
Pure doctrine is the release of pure truth from a pure heaven to the dark sinful world of man.
Truth released brings freedom from sin and peace and joy.
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32.
Pure doctrine makes man freedom.
False doctrine puts men under bondage.
8. Pure doctrine holds the church to keep the original teaching of the apostles.
False doctrine sounds logical and Biblical BUT is often inspired by Satanic intelligence!
Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. (2) And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungered. (3) And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the son of God, command that these stones be made bread. (4) But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. (5) Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, (6) And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. (7) Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. (8) Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; (9) And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. (10) Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. (11) Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him. Matthew 4:3-11.
Satan uses the Word of God in his encounter with Jesus the same as he did with Adam and he does with men today.
9. False doctrine has a negative effect on the quality of Christian character and the power of the church. The complete silence on sanctification by Charismatics has produced moral looseness and carnal worldly behavior, e.g., divorce and remarriage, emotionalism, theatrics, sensual dress, cosmetics and other worldly practices such as sports and television.
10. Pure doctrine allows us to identify the true church and discern the apostate church. If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; (4) He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, Timothy 6:3-4.
11. Satan’s plan FROM WITHIN THE CHURCH is two fold;
(a) To destroy credibility in the word of God through the science of textual criticism.
(b) To show contempt for those who make doctrine (teaching of the truth) a matter of supreme importance.
12. WE MUST ESTABLISH THE 7 FOUNDATIONAL BLOCKS OF PURE DOCTRINE.
(2) Justification; Released from guilt of sin by the legal provision in the blood of the cross Christ.
(3) Justification by the work of Christ; Ephesians 2:8-9.
(4) Justification by the works of the Christian; Ephesians 2:10
(5) Sanctification; instantaneously and ceremonial set apart unto God at repentance.
(6) Sanctification through adoration ::: To become like God as a result of being with God (secret prayer);
(7) Sanctification through the inspiration of the holy Spirit to follow the instructions given in the Word of God.